Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Wonderful Day

Good Evening Everyone,

  I am so excited to see that I have a few followers. Thank you for your support. Of course one of them is my BFF... Thanks Di! Today was a great day. I kept my little one home from daycare because the weather was so terrible but despite the horrible weather outside we had a great day. Today we make this book for my husband from Abrielle. He is in Iraq for all of you that don't know. He has been there since March. We miss him terribly. This holiday season has been tough since he is away but we wanted to make sure that he is well aware that we miss him lots. My daughter colored this book I found. The awesome thing about this book is that you can record a message inside of it. So she said ( very loudly) " Merry Christmas! I love you" Just enough to melt your heart!

We made that and put in in his package. I hope that he likes this one... it might be hard to top the thanksgiving package. I sent him a " Thanksgiving dinner" canned turkey, corn, cranberry sauce and microwaveable mashed potato ( yummy i know ... lol) But this package has gingerbread cookies,pictures, Christmas cards, some food, and fake snow. I wanted to get him something to make him feel like home. I know that over in the dessert he is going to be missing snow. I can't wait to see him open it! Well I did not get to get any scapbooking done today since we had other errands to complete.  

I did want to share a card a made a couple weeks ago for my neices. These cards feature the first two svg files that I made myself. I create the kitten and the heart with wings.  I would love to link them so you could download them but I am not sure how to do that yet. I really have to learn how to do more things on the blog. If anyone has any tips on how to post files for people to download please let me know. Thanks :)

Hope you enjoy the cards! Let me know what you think. 




Hope your evening ends Scrappily Ever After ;)

3 comments:

  1. Hey Beck!!

    Love these cards, you are so creative! I'm glad your nieces loved them too! Sorry I dont know how to post things that can be downloaded...sometimes I think I should know more by now about this blogging thing! LOL! Glad you and your little turtle had a great day.

    PS what a wonderful wife to send sweet packages to your husband. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I just found your blog from D.Marie and am following now. I have *just* made the transition to Digital Scrapbooking with CM...it is an interesting shift that I am excited about but I still love my traditional albums. Those cards are so cute! I love their little faces. :-)

    I can't imagine what it is like for you and your husband over the holidays right now, I am sure the care packages make the distance feel smaller and home feel more tangible. My father was in Navy and my brother is in the Army. It is not an easy life...Please tell your husband Thank You for his service.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sara ! Thank you for following. I am interested to hear how you like the digital scrap booking. Well I hope that I post projects that will inspire you to keep the paper craftiness going. I will pass along the message along to my hubby. I appreciate your family's service as well. I will be looking forward to more comments from you. Please let me know how I am doing or if there is anything you would like to see:) have a great day!

    ReplyDelete