Wednesday, December 22, 2010

crafting galore

I have been crafting up a storm. I made 18 ornaments, 16 coco holders, 4 gift card holders, a folding album and I am working on a hanging frame and an advent calender. Fee www... I am getting tired. I am glad that things are going to slow down after Christmas.

I was really excited with all my creations. I know its late to share my ideas but I want you to see what I have been working on and why I haven't been blogging. I am sure that everyone has been busy with their own preparation but this year I have tired because I have to be Santa all by myself :(  .... wish I was able to share this time with my hubby but none the less Christmas and the wonder of Santa must go on. So here are my latest creations.

The first thing I will show you is my ornaments. I made snowflakes by cutting 3 1/3 snowflakes using a snowflake off of the Accent Essentials cricut cartridge. Then I ran them through my cuttlebug with a polka dot embossing folder. I glued them all together, put on a little glitter and presto beautiful ornaments....
Snowflake ornaments










The next ornaments that I made were very easy and turned out beautiful as well. I got a pack of six glass ornaments at Micheal's ($2.49) Then I chose some Christmas designer paper cut it at 6x12 then cut 1/2 inch strips. I curled them with a paint brush and then stuck them inside the ornaments. Here is a few finished ones. They were hard to take pictures of so I am not sure the pictures do them justice. Let me know what you think?







The next thing I will share is the gift card holders that I made. The first one is made out a pop top tin can that once held fruit. I used a pampered chef can opener and opened the non pop top end. Then I inserted the G.C. and glued the lid ( well really the bottom) back on. Then I decorated them with designer paper. These are a more inventive way to give a gift card. The snowman on the one is a free digital stamp from Meljens Designs. They have a bunch of free stamps so check out her blog.
Pop top gift card holder



Money Holders


I was proud of myself because this is an original idea. I used the stocking on the Doodlecharms cricut cartridge. I cut 2 stockings at 6 inches in red. Then used the stocking <shift> to cut the heal, toe and top in green. Then I cut the top off of one of the stockings. That socking goes in front. Then I placed the folded money inside to see the area I would admit the glue.  I hope that makes sense. I would have done a how to with pictures but it was last minute idea.

Folding Album

This is one thing I scrap-lifed from a picture. I really like it. I made this for my friend to give as a gift for her sister-in-law. Let me know what you think!

I don't know how to flip this sorry!





Well I hope that you enjoyed my crazy crafting I have been doing. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas. I am off for more crafting and some gift wrapping.

Merry Christmas!

 Hope your evening ends Scrapily Ever After....

1 comment:

  1. You are just a ball of amazement Becky!! I love everything...my favorite thing is the money holder stockings! So cute! And what a great idea of putting money in there instead of just in a card or envelope! You are so crafty! <3 MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

    ReplyDelete